It's on everyone's bucket list! The Vallee Blanche, 17-22km of "off- piste", under seracs and over crevasses - A unique must do activity!!
During the 22 kms (when the conditions allow us to descend all the way to Chamonix) you will be on the" Mont Blanc Massif", in a breathtaking landscape - it's a day that you'll never forget !
To do the "Vallee Blanche", you must be able to ski "off-piste", on all types of snow , BUT you don't need to be an expert!
If you aren't sure of your level, we can offer you the "VALLEE BLANCHE CLINIC" and after 4 hours in an "off-piste" session with an instructor, you will know, if you have the level or not! In March the descent becomes much easier so don't hesitate to take a clinic and learn off piste, if you're capable of skiing red runs.
- Meeting: approx 8am at Ski Set Aiguille du Midi
- You will take the cable car, with your guide, to reach 3842 m.
- Up at the Top! Your guide will give you all the equipment, you will have a briefing and you will prepare yourself to leave.
- You will wear the crampons to go down the ridge of the Aiguille du Midi, beware for people who have vertigo (if you suffer diziness it's not advisable), it's steep but you will be safe! (see the photo on the left above).
- The descent of the Vallee Blanche on skis or on snowboard (we can mix the 2 disciplines) takes between 2- 5 hours, depending on snow conditions, the weather and your level. The guide will choose the best route according to the conditions and your level.
- Back to Chamonix on skis,( if the snow conditions allows or otherwise with the Montenvers train) you must climb a lot of steps and take a gondola to reach the train station.
Equipment provided: harness, transceiver, shovel and probe.
Equipment not provided : crampons, backpack where you can hang your skis and snowboards, picnic, drinks, Unlimited Ski pass.
You can rent the equipment you need at Ski Set Aiguille du midi store. The best is to book all equipment the day before.
Period : Mid-Januray to the end of April (depending the snow conditions)
- Vallee Blanche in a group from 4-6 people: 110 € / person *
- Vallee Blanche with a private guide from 1-4 people : 420 € *
- Vallee Blanche Clinic : 179 € / person (1/2 day "off-piste" session and Vallee Blanche). If you don't have the level to do the Vallee Blanche, we will refund you 100 €, you will have to pay the price of the "off-piste" session: 79 € / person. *
Additional Information :
- If the conditions don't allow you to do the Vallee Blanche and the guide cancels for security reasons or the Aiguille du Midi is closed. You will have an "off-piste" day in an other area, or we will change the Vallee Blanche for another day, or we will refund you!
- If you go on the Vallee Blanche, and you haven't done the "off-piste" session, the guide will quickly see, if you do have the level! If not, he will take you to the ridge of the Aiguille du Midi, and you will descend with the cable car. In this case, you will not have a refund! It's always best to do a clinic, even as a refresher, then you can fully enjoy your day on the Vallee Blanche.
* PRICES WINTER 2019-2020